Photography forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Which Canon L lens for adventure photography?

CrushUnit - on 27 Jan 2014
Ok so I am looking at getting a decent lens for my APS-C DSLR. The problem is I am having a really hard time deciding what to get. I wont be able to afford another lens after this for quite a while so am keen to get one that will cover most of my bases.

I mainly do landscape/adventure photography but also travel and general street photography (but less so).

I am looking at the 24mm-105mm f4 lens but I am concerned the 24mm will not be wide enough on my crop sensor. The other alternative is the 17mm-40mm f4 which will go wide but then leaves me with limited scope zoom (where I cant physically just walk closer).

Also the f4 concerns me a bit as I also do a fair amount of low light stuff and this just wouldn't be fast enough but going to f2.8 just get into crazy money.

I know I am being totally unrealistic about getting one lens to cover it all but I am trying to get my head around what will get the most overall benifit from if that makes sense?

Has anyone used these lenses on a crop sensor camera and got any advice or maybe there are options I have overlooked completely?

Cheers
G
... not showing 20 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums