Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Variation in rock shoe size

DBoothroyd - on 28 Jan 2014
Having never bought the same model of rock shoe twice, I'm curious - How much variation is common between two pairs of shoes of the same make, model, and size? The reason I ask is that I'm considering committing the cardinal sin of going into a local shop to check out bouldering shoes (looking for a pair so that I can save my 5.10 Blancos for trad), but would like to save some money. If anyone has any specific knowledge regarding the higher end slip-ons (LS Solutions, Cobras), that would be particularly useful.

DISCLAIMER: For my own sake, I will say that I'm currently living in the south of Sweden, where the only shop that I know of at which you can try on shoes is Naturkompaniet, arguably analagous to a more expensive (obviously, it's Sweden) version of Cotswold. Thus, while doing this does, admittedly, waste the shop assistant's time, there are no small businesses that I could feasibly take my custom to. I'd even consider ordering from Needle Sports/V12/etc if their prices/international shipping are competitive with Nordic/German online shops. Whilst a discussion regarding the morality of trying on shoes in shops and then ordering them from elsewhere as a cost-saving measure is utterly fascinating, I hope to avoid this thread's descent into that.

Thanks all
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums