UKC

Meeting Alpine Club Members

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dutybooty 28 Jan 2014
Wasn't really sure where to put this. I'm looking at becoming an aspirant member of the alpine club, in general for the publication and to meet more alpine climbers, being a bit thin on the ground in my current circles.

Aspirant members have to be proposed by a full member and I don't know any!

Anyone who been through the process have any tips? Am I best off getting up to one of the symposiums etc?
 scott titt 29 Jan 2014
In reply to dutybooty:

Probably best to follow the guidance on their website "If you wish to apply and do not know a member to propose your application, we will help you find someone, provided your climbing experience meets the membership requirements." and on the membership form "If you do not know anyone who is eligible to support your application, tick the appropriate box.
We will help by arranging for a member to talk you about your application and, if appropriate, act as your Proposer. The Applications Secretary will contact you to organise this and give you any other advice or help you need."
In reply to dutybooty:

Are you based in Chesterfield still? I'm in Sheffield and will propose you, providing you have done some alpine climbing (which I assume you have) if you fancy doing a route/going for a pint.

PM me if interested.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...