ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Head cams and helmet strength question

StewartBradshaw - on 29 Jan 2014
To my great shame I got a GOPRO camera for Christmas. I've seen plenty of videos with these mounted on helmets and it got me wondering, what the effect on the strength of the helmet is.

For instance if the camera is mounted on top of the helmet and takes an impact from a falling rock or a slam into the wall, the force of the impact will be concentrated through the camera (and your helmet / head) instead of being spread across the wider surface of the helmet.

I'm only using mine to film myself looking stupid bouldering in order to try and improve my shit technique, so its largely academic, but if anyone has read anything, I'd be interested to know.

PS, it's funny seeing yourself climbing for the first time, took any hope I may have had that I looked good and steady on the rock and booted it out into deep space!
... not showing 15 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums