UKC

Travel time help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cisco 29 Jan 2014
I have to travel from home in North Wales to arrive in the centre of Manchester at 08:30 on a Monday morning. I know that if I allow about 90 minutes from home to the end of the M56 that should be OK, but I'm hoping that some of you regular commuters might be able to give me some pointers on how long it will take to get along Princess Parkway in to the Deansgate / Bridge St. area at that time.
 imkevinmc 29 Jan 2014
In reply to cisco:

Plan to get there much earlier. Have a relaxing breakfast/coffee. Or park in Chorlton/Didsbury and get the tram into centre
OP cisco 29 Jan 2014
In reply to imkevinmc:

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought about the tram option but, again, I don't know how busy the Metro gets at that time.
 crayefish 29 Jan 2014
In reply to cisco:

Totally read that as 'time travel help' and clicked on the thread excitedly...
 BStar 29 Jan 2014
In reply to crayefish:

I read it that way too, I was going to suggest changing the flux capacitor.
OP cisco 29 Jan 2014
In reply to crayefish:

Now that really would sort out my problem, I could even get there before I'd left home.
 crayefish 29 Jan 2014
In reply to cisco:

More importantly, you could stop off at the pub on the way home before you even left the office!
 Richard Carter 29 Jan 2014
In reply to crayefish:

It did originally read 'Time Travel Help'.
After a few interesting responses - and a stern telling off from the Time Police - cisco went back and changed it.
 crayefish 29 Jan 2014
In reply to Richard Carter:

He doesn't actually change it until tomorrow
 cuppatea 29 Jan 2014
In reply to crayefish:

> Totally read that as 'time travel help' and clicked on the thread excitedly...

Me too! I might start a new thread once I've had some more cider.
 crayefish 29 Jan 2014
In reply to cuppatea:

If Choss doesn't beat you to it
 Bulls Crack 29 Jan 2014
In reply to cisco:

5:43 from Bangor (ouch) gets in at 8:15 to Piccadilly
 pec 29 Jan 2014
In reply to cisco:

From the end of the M56 to Manchester centre it would normally take about 30 mins but Monday morning is probably the slowest day of the week. Bear in mind the traffic can often start backing up a few junctions before that, nos. 6 or 7 and you can often get held up by traffic queueing for the Stockport turn off which makes it look like there's some trouble ahead but as soon as you're past there it speeds up again.
I've usually found getting in the outside lane to get past the Stockport turn off and the inside lane at the start of the Princess Parkway to be the best bet!
OP cisco 30 Jan 2014
In reply to pec:

Thanks for that pec. Some good info there. I know it's impossible to give a definitive answer, but would an hour normally cover it from end of M56 to Deansgate or should I allow even longer? As imkevinmc suggested earlier in the thread, I can always get breakfast if I'm too early.
Cambridge-Climber 30 Jan 2014
In reply to cisco:

You'd be unlucky to need more than the hour...
 pec 30 Jan 2014
In reply to cisco:

My 30 min guide assumes driving time only. You may need more if you have to find your destination and somewhere to park.
Obviously you can never rule out hideous delays on our motorway network but you'd be unlucky if an hour wasn't enough.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...