Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Miura VS sizing

ezzle - on 30 Jan 2014
I've been climbing (mostly bouldering) for around 2 years and am climbing V4/V5, very close to completing V6s. I thought I'd upgrade my shoes to some more aggressive ones from the Scarpa Thunders that I've had since starting. The options at my local shops were quite limited and I eventually opted for Miura VS. People I spoke to told me to size down by a couple of sizes in order to get the full benefits of these shoes. However I have only sized down from size 7 street shoe to a size 6 but am having difficulties. The left one (I always thought my right foot was bigger), I can only get on by putting a plastic bag on my foot. Then I can't actually keep it on for more than ten minutes without my foot feeling like it's going to fall off, yet my right is quite comfy. I tried the size up. 6.5 in the shop and it just went on too easily. What should I do? Is it simply that these shoes are not suited to my foot shape? When people talk about cramming their feet into painful shoes, how much pain are they talking about?
Thanks for any help.
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums