Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Awkward size for harnesses - recommendations?

James91 - on 30 Jan 2014

Recently bought a new harness and had great difficulty doing so. Still not sure if I have done the best I can and looking for a bit of advice!

I have a 80cm waist pretty much exactly and 59/60cm leg, climb a fair amount of both winter and summer. Previously owned an arcteryx 350a - which still appears servicable but I have the same problem with it. Just bought an edelrid creed harness in medium - when cinched all the way up, it sits around my waist and cannot be pulled over my hips as far as I can tell, but it is cinched all the way in. I cannot buy the small as it does not fit my legs. When fully racked with gear it does sit a teeny bit lower down but only really so it rests on my hips and I can still not pull it off - just the fact it has to be fully cinched up for this is what makes me a little bit uncertain. Is this a bad thing in peoples opinion? Anyone else had a similar issue and found a solution?

Sorry for the potentially stupid question, which could I guess be solved by just getting fat!
Post edited at 20:50
... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums