UKC

Anywhere dry this Sunday near to Bristol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tombeasley 31 Jan 2014
Do you think anywhere will dry in the Bristol area this Sunday?
 The Pylon King 31 Jan 2014
In reply to tombeasley:

Some of Goblin Combe
 Choss 31 Jan 2014
In reply to tombeasley:
Costa del Brean dries Pretty quick if theres a break in the rain and a strong south westerly wind.

Risk the yat or huntsham. If weather goes bad theres stuff in caves or Under rainy day buttress.

You could go to Gollums. Its so Shitty that when you get there you cant face actually Climbing anything anyway, so it doesnt Matter what the weathers doing
Post edited at 10:48
 Choss 31 Jan 2014
In reply to tombeasley:

After the mad biblical storm Bristol is getting today i am Changing my answer to nothing.

Nothing will be Dry Round here this weekend.
OP tombeasley 31 Jan 2014
In reply to Choss:

Cheers guys, yep looking like another weekend indoors again............
In reply to Choss:

> After the mad biblical storm Bristol is getting today i am Changing my answer to nothing.

> Nothing will be Dry Round here this weekend.

I will prove you wrong, theres always something if you know where to look
In reply to The Pylon King:

Tell me more Pylon King!!!!
In reply to tombeasley:
Depends on certain conditions, wind etc and you have to try a few places out. Admittedly there is not going to be that much choice! Bits of Goblin Combe up high may be dry, ive got a few places i am going to try but all in Mendip area. And also some crag x major cleaning.

This will be dry:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=298458
Post edited at 17:20

Will the Preter and Malbogies be dry?
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

Might be.
 Trangia 31 Jan 2014
In reply to tombeasley:
The Somerset Levels aren't far from Bristol are they?

Although it's not so bad here in the South East the rivers are swollen with localised flooding and the ground is totally saturated. Apart from Sun and possibly Mon, rain is forecast for the next 10 days at least. The two main train links between Hastings and London, and Hastings and Brighton were both blocked this morning by yet another landslide on the former, and a collapsed drainage channel under the latter.

There have been yet more cliff slides just east of Hastings, close to the two dramatic ones shown on TV a couple of weeks ago.

I can't remember when the sun last came out. Getting very fed up......
Hence reduced to picking holes in programs and ads about WW1 steel helmets and cornices, and recycling old jokes.....
Post edited at 17:32

Ummmmm!! fingers crossed it doesn't actually rain on Sunday. Tries Avon last Sunday morning it was soaked. Other teams tried Cheddar -soaked and Brean - soaked! I haven't managed to get out for a month now!
 Kemics 31 Jan 2014
In reply to tombeasley:

I feel your pain dude!

Been a total wash out month. I certainly wouldn't bother with an early start anywhere. It's all going to need time to dry. Possible brean or goblin Coombe after midday
 AlexM 31 Jan 2014
In reply to tombeasley:

Avon is one of the quickest drying crags there is.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...