UKC

SWANAGE STAKES Saturday 8th Feb come and help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Marti999 Global Crag Moderator 31 Jan 2014
After rain stopped play last week, we going to try again next Saturday 8th February. Please come along and help, with a day of stake bashing and scrub clearing at the west end of the boulder ruckle. some love and attention needed here.
There will be food and drink(tea)for the volunteers and free parking at durlston country park for the day.
Please email me at climbermarti@gmail.com if you are coming and i'll send you instructions and a car pass.
I have a large amount of steel to put in the ground, thanks to The BMC and The Dorset Bolt Fund (please make a donation even if you don't climb on the bolts as the fund is help all dorset climbers) http://www.dorset-climbing.com/dorset_bolt_fund/
OP Marti999 Global Crag Moderator 31 Jan 2014
In reply to Marti999:

Rain or shine it will happen this time.
 steve taylor 31 Jan 2014
In reply to Marti999:

What if it's snowing?

OP Marti999 Global Crag Moderator 01 Feb 2014
In reply to steve taylor:

I wish steve. Better than rain.
 debbie roberts 02 Feb 2014
In reply to Marti999:

What time will everyone be meeting?
OP Marti999 Global Crag Moderator 03 Feb 2014
In reply to debbie roberts:

Going for a 0900hrs start as durlston warden are only around in the morning.
meet in carpark.
OP Marti999 Global Crag Moderator 05 Feb 2014
In reply to Marti999:

If there is anyone else who is planning to come on saturday i really need your email to sent you details,

email me at climbermarti@gmail.com
Cheers Marti
 clipskipper 07 Feb 2014
In reply to Marti999:

Hi Marti,

is this still on, given the forecast?

Lee
 The Ivanator 07 Feb 2014
In reply to Marti999:

Can't do tomorrow (even if the sun was due to shine), but if you have any further dates this spring I'd hope to make it.
Good luck, the forecast looks apocalyptic - heavy rain all day and gusting to 60+mph. Take care.
 Derby Grit 16 Feb 2014
In reply to Marti999:

Saw the new stakes at Swanage today, excellent job guys and the plastic caps you've added are a great idea Marti.

Good to have a nice day at the cliff for a change, although the sea/waves/spray was making access to & the routes a bit of a challenge!

- I saw a few big waves down at Subluminal too - one of them soaked the cliff halfway up "Baboon... luckily no - one was on it! (Good to see people putting in belays at the bottom after that!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...