UKC

Remote seat post recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi All,
I am thinking of buying my wife a remote seat post for valantine's day (because nothing says romance like a new bike part!) and I'm looking for recommendations. The cheaper the better as long as it works. It isn't going to make a difference if its not really light as long as it is robust, fits an Orange G3 and works. It must be opperated from handle bars rather than the seat itself so she doesn't need to let go with one hand.
Thanks
 Graham Booth 03 Feb 2014
In reply to Somerset swede basher:

I assume you mean a dropper post? rockshox reverb very good

In reply to Graham Booth:

Probably, I'm not really into bikes, is that what they are called? One of those things where you press a buttom and the thing moves up and when you want it to go down you press another button and sit on it and it goes down.
 Horse 03 Feb 2014

You need to be careful and check the seat post diameter of the frame. I suspect the Orange G3 has a post diameter of 27.2 mm. I don't think the Reverb comes in that diameter. Another thing to keep in mind is the cable routing from the seat to the bars. If not designed for the cable things can get untidy. Might be a bit of a minefield if you are unfamiliar with bikes.
All the Gear, No Idea 03 Feb 2014
Rockshox reverb only comes in 31.6 and 30.9 dias

if they are the sizes, this is by far and away the best for the money

£180 from rutland cycles atm

fai;ing that look on Amazon, Tmars comes with remote, and I beleive in 27.2 dia
Post edited at 21:56
 Lurking Dave 03 Feb 2014

Thomson - beautifully crafted and silky smoooth... but as above, check both diameter of seat post and insertion depth.

Cheers
LD

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...