UKC

Bavella/Corsica good for bolted Fr 6a-6c climbing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alps_p 03 Feb 2014
Sorry if this has been answered already but I couldn't find many forum threads or articles about it on the internet.
Is Bavella the crag with dream-like rock formations which resemble Emmental cheese with 2 meter holes in it? I have always wanted to climb there. Secondly, is it strictly an "adventurous" (long approaches, no or sparse bolting) destination, or also good for a relaxing week of sport climbing in late spring?
 Mark Bull 03 Feb 2014
In reply to alps_p:

This crag http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=8162 is close to the road, south facing, fully bolted and mainly single pitch. If I recall correctly, not that many of the routes have the "swiss-cheese" features, though. Very pleasant place to climb, even though it's only a tiny fraction of the available rock in the area and you might not want to spend a whole week there. Late spring should be fine: I went in early June and despite the altitude it was a bit too hot, and somewhat prone to afternoon thunderstorms.
 Fiend 03 Feb 2014
 Heike 04 Feb 2014
In reply to alps_p:

It's excellent, but there are many more crags round Corsica. Get the new guide. We had a great three weeks there last spring. Lots and lots of emmental cheese too!
OP alps_p 05 Feb 2014
In reply to alps_p:

thanks everybody for the replies. The destination looks fantastic..
So are the Emmental climbs limited to Bavella, or are they in other crags, too? What should I look for on the internet?
OP alps_p 05 Feb 2014
In reply to alps_p:

Oh and one more question - are the Emmental climbs bolted or trad?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...