ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Top Lonely Leads in the UK

mike lawrence? - on 03 Feb 2014
Inspired by the following route description

"The climbing is not too desperate, but spaced protection, the isolated position out of sight of the second, and extreme exposure all combine to yield a big experience for the leader". great stuff, makes me want to desperately do the route but would probably feel a massive relief to get rained off at the foot of the climb...

So what are the best lonely leads in the UK? For me this is a different experience to hard solos and I'd find it hard to think that any outcrop route would be up there, it also implies a certain degree of precariousness. Definitely does not necessarily mean hard technical climbing. My suggestion would be The Boulder on Cloggy, within sight of the second for pretty well the whole pitch but otherwise little gear and you have to keep your head together the whole way. Great route but seems surprisingly unpopular.

Any suggestions?

mike
... not showing 234 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums