UKC

Suggestions Nordic Skiing Scotland this weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fruit 04 Feb 2014
Was wondering if anyone has a clear idea of best places for some Nordic skiing in Scotland this coming weekend, 10-20km routes, I assume it is all un tracked.
Cheers
 Mark Bull 05 Feb 2014
In reply to Fruit:

There's little or no snow below 500m at the moment, so that rules out most of the the forestry track type venues. You'd need to head for the hills (e.g. Drumochter, Monadh Liath, Glen Shee), which may or may not be suitable, depending on your skills and equipment! The weather forecast is looking pretty stormy for the weekend (again), sadly.
 AG 06 Feb 2014
In reply to Fruit:

plenty snow around glenshee ...on nordic gear you could tour across loch votrochan way and take in Carn a gheoidh (weather permitting). weather doesn't look too bad on sunday but i'm finding the forecasts not that accurate at the moment. High plateau areas will be quite windy i expect.
This gives an indication how how much snow is around at the moment - with more falling.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8aBRQ3D_Xuk/Uu_K4yHLU0I/AAAAAAAAEDk/05cbyocdK3c/s...
OP Fruit 18 Feb 2014
In reply to Fruit:

Cheers for the replies, weather hasn't been worth the drive but will give the glenshee area a look when things quieten down cheers
 Billhook 18 Feb 2014
In reply to Fruit:

There's plenty of snow on the hills as others have said. I was up there last week and tried a tour from the Lecht. The problem was skiing in really windy conditions, at one time i being blown up hill whether I wanted to or not.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...