UKC

Goggles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nw 05 Feb 2014
Any other sweaty fcukers out there recommend me a pair of goggles with good fog resistance? Also something that enhances contrast for those claggy Scottish moments.
Cheers
 Morgan Woods 05 Feb 2014
In reply to nw:

Smith ios.
OP nw 05 Feb 2014
In reply to Morgan Woods:

Cheers I'd not heard of them before.
 OwenM 05 Feb 2014
In reply to nw:

Sinner.
 Rob Exile Ward 05 Feb 2014
In reply to nw:

Adidas. They're expensive but brilliant, with dual lens interchangeable lenses and anti glare coatings that increase contrast.
OP nw 05 Feb 2014
In reply to OwenM:

Yeah bit of noob really, dipped my toe in before but starting to get into this year to a point where buying some kit seems worthwhile.

So for Scottish clag, what kind of lense might be good? I was skiing the main basin at Glencoe last week and just as I stepped off the T-bar it really rolled in. I'm quite comfortable on that terrain normally but it just flattened everything out. Not to whiteout levels but just couldn't see any of the lumps and bumps till I was right on them, which is kind of disconcerting.
 OwenM 05 Feb 2014
In reply to nw:
In flat light yellow lenses are quite good. Really I just go for something comfortable.

http://www.surfdome.com/Sinner_Goggles-381/651?_$ja=cgid:3954407275|tsid:23...
Post edited at 12:38
In reply to nw:

Every time I've been out skiing recently in damp (read: snowing, just below freezing, working hard and sweating) conditions I seem to have faired the best with regards to not getting foggy lenses. I'm using Smith Prophecy goggles with the Blue Sensor Mirror lens, which is also the best low light lens I've used.
Srick 10 Feb 2014
In reply to nw:

Poc-lobes. Interchangeable lenses for different light conditions. Look great tooo. Ive gone for a blue lens. Seems a good alrounder.
 David Bennett 10 Feb 2014
In reply to nw:

If you want to go the whole way try Smith Turbo Fan. I use the Prothecy version and my fogging days are long gone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...