UKC

Classic / big Alps peaks....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 05 Feb 2014
...with routes graded PD and AD.

Preferably in Switzerland but open to ideas.

Cheers,

Ad
 LakesWinter 05 Feb 2014
In reply to AdCo82:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=707

Try some of the ones on this list - I'd particularly recommend the Mont Pelvoux traverse at PD+ and the Bluemlisalp traverse at AD. This is better than the Rochfort Arete and Midi Plan
 jon 05 Feb 2014
In reply to AdCo82:

Most of these fall into that grade range: http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=668

Get ticking...!
 MG 05 Feb 2014

> Get ticking...!

Be careful. It gets a bit difficult to stop once you've started.
 jon 05 Feb 2014
In reply to MG:
I confess to finding it relatively easy, Martin.
Post edited at 21:08
 MG 05 Feb 2014
In reply to jon:

How many decades did it take you!?
 jon 05 Feb 2014
In reply to MG:

No, I meant it was relatively easy to stop.
 funalps 06 Feb 2014
In reply to AdCo82:

You could also have look at www.Funalps.com. especially the "Blodigs" page.
RockShock 06 Feb 2014
In reply to AdCo82:
Dom via Festigrat, but that's surely on one of the ticklists given earlier.
Post edited at 11:23
 butteredfrog 06 Feb 2014
In reply to AdCo82:
Hi Ad

Valais East, loads to go at, have a google.

Cheers Adam

If you go for the Rottgrat arête, take a couple of cams.
Post edited at 19:41
In reply to AdCo82:

The Matterhorn is obviously the Big Daddy, for its isolation, sheer scale, and extraordinary rock architecture. Everyone I know who's done it, says the Zmutt Ridge, of it's type, is virtually without equal.

All the Valais/Pennine Alps are very fine, huge, isolated peaks (e.g The Dom, Dent Blanche, Weisshorn) and pretty much in a class of their own.

The Mont Blanc Massif is what it says. i huge grand mountain with lots of outliers. The Chamonix Aiguilles are a bunch of huge needles, most quite close together. But extraordinary (e.g the Grepon, and Dent du Requin fine and isolated) But there are some major separate summits such as the Verte, the Grandes Jorasses and the Chardonnay.

Bregaglia has a lot of very fine rock peaks, such as the Badile, which are almost in a class of their own for quality of rock and climbing.

In the Bernina, Piz Bernina is very fine.

In the Bernese Overland, all I know who have down the Finssteraarhorn rave about it.

The Eiger would just about get into this top list, but it's not very isolated, being part of a close-knit chain (Eiger-Monch-Jungfrau)

Dolomites as gigantic upscaled limestone skyscrapers are extraordinary. The Marmolada and the Tre Cime are particularly extraordinary,

After that, we get into the B team,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...