UKC

Crampons for Maestrale's.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 OwenM 06 Feb 2014
I'm looking for some crampons to fit my Maestrale's, at the moment I have Grivel G10 with the strap on bindings (new classic?) but these don't fit that well. I've been looking at the Grivel haute route but was woundering how the leaver type thing at the back fitted with the ski/walk mode button on the boots.

Has anyone used this set up and if so does it work ok?
 leethebee 06 Feb 2014
In reply to OwenM:

Any Crampon with a wire bail at the front will be fine. I use the Petzl Lynx with my Maestrale's. Dont worry about the adjustable lever at the back it doesnt interfere with the walk mode .
In reply to OwenM:

Yes I've got that combination and it's perfect. Plus the Haute Route are a good compromise if you actually want to do some mountaineering while ski-touring.
OP OwenM 06 Feb 2014
In reply to Stephen Reid:

Thanks.
 DaveHK 06 Feb 2014
In reply to OwenM:

Crampomatic fittings work fine. The rear lever does not come up enough to foul the mode switch.
moffatross 06 Feb 2014
In reply to OwenM:

G12 cramp-o-matics fit Maestrales as if they were made for them.
 Dark-Cloud 06 Feb 2014
In reply to OwenM:

My DMM Aiguille fit better on my Maestrales than they do on my Freneys, dont think they sell them anymore though, i have thought about some light alloy ones but for Scotland and the Lakes i think they would last 5 minutes, steel is real........
OP OwenM 06 Feb 2014
In reply to Dark-Cloud:
The Aiguille's are no longer on DMM's website so think their discontinued. The haute route's are steel under foot and alloy under the heel so a compromise between strength and light weight. Anyway I've ordered them now.
Post edited at 19:29
 joe.91 06 Feb 2014
In reply to OwenM:

I've got rambo IV's for my RS's!
 Gael Force 07 Feb 2014
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I have light alloy crampons and have used them for 10 years now in Scotland and many Alpine 4000m peaks, no problems...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...