UKC

Alpine Climbing Packs from £69.99

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Hugh Cottam 07 Feb 2014

Podsacs Alpine Climbing Packs

The Alpine range are sometimes a little overshadowed by the big reputation of our older designs such as the Black Ice. The Alpine are steadily developing their own solid reputation. And as somebody commented recently on UK Climbing, "they are a steal at this price!"

We're getting a lot of great feedback about the newer Alpine range of packs. You can read a review of the Podsacs Alpine 40 here http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2843

View and Buy Here: http://www.podsacs.com/c/q/backpacks

premier

_________ Alpine 30 - £69.99 ____________ Alpine 40 - £79.99 ____________ Alpine 50 - £99.99 _______
 David Coley 08 Feb 2014
In reply to Hugh Cottam:

Hugh, I have a POD sack which has a detachable lid. The straps on the rear of the lid are always slipping, meaning I have to re-tighten the lid several times a day or it ends up hanging down the front of the sack. Do you know of a solution to this? Thanks.
OP Hugh Cottam 08 Feb 2014
In reply to David Coley:

Hi David, this is the first case I've heard of this. Are you sure that the ladderlock buckles are correctly threaded. I can send you a picture of the correct threading if you'd like. Failing that it should be possible to thread them back on themselves to prevent slippage. Can you also tell me the model and the age please?
 Camm 10 Feb 2014
In reply to David Coley:

I know what you mean but it only happens if you stap it a certain way, works best if you tighten the rear 2 (closest to neck) straps tight first then the other 2 nice snd tight, although with nothing in the sack to keep it under tention I wouldn't be suprised if it came loose. But I've tried so many bags but my alpine 40 is the best by a long way even loaded with 30kg.
OP Hugh Cottam 11 Feb 2014
In reply to danrock101:

Hi Dan, glad to hear that you like your Alpine 40. The ladderlock buckles are designed to lock under tension. I was concerned about finding out if they weren't locking under tension, as I hadn't heard of this ever being a problem. I wouldn't expect them to lock when left loose. The Alpine models and most of the Classic ones also have a metal popper that secures the lid to the pack when it's in non-floating mode.
OP Hugh Cottam 13 Feb 2014
In reply to Hugh Cottam:

It would be good to hear from anyone else who has experienced any buckle slippage on any of our Packs. Email me at hugh@podsacs.com
 David Coley 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Hugh Cottam:

> Hi David, this is the first case I've heard of this. Are you sure that the ladderlock buckles are correctly threaded. I can send you a picture of the correct threading if you'd like. Failing that it should be possible to thread them back on themselves to prevent slippage. Can you also tell me the model and the age please?

Hugh, it is a black ice. Must be over ten years old and has had this problem since day 1. Please send me a picture, Thanks.

PS. I'm sure doubling them back would work, but would make the system unadjustable en route.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...