UKC

Tenerife carhire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lesdavmor 09 Feb 2014
Can anyone recommend fair car hire in Tenerife(Puerta de la Cruz)
 ebygomm 09 Feb 2014
In reply to Lesdavmor:

We've always used Autoreisen in the canary islands at the airport although they may have places elsewhere as well.

Cars aren't as plush as from other companies but for me that means less worry on some of the roads you get in Tenerife.
 Dave Musgrove 10 Feb 2014
In reply to ebygomm:

We used Holiday Autos and they sub contracted us to Goldcar. We got a nice VW Polo. It cost £163 for 10 days and that included full insurance. The downside is they insist you take a full tank of petrol which they charge at 80 Euros and then you bring it back empty. That worked out fine between three of us as in 10 days we used every last drop and virtually free wheeled down the airport access road. I suspect in a week you may be hard pressed to use a full tank unless you go up the mountain more than once?
In reply to Lesdavmor:

Not Hertz - waited over an hour to collect a car that was dirty and scratched to bits. Rent a Wreck could have done better. The parking was 15 minutes away and as we were travelling late we didn't go all the way back to complain when we saw the car - totally unhelpful when we complained later on. International quality brand? My ar*e.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...