Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - How much difference will more technical rock shoes make?

Elsier on 09 Feb 2014
I'm currently trying to improve my climbing and get a bit better this year, and so I've just started trying harder routes inside and hopefully outside once the weather improves and I'm wondering it's worth investing in a more technical pair of climbing shoes?

I've been using Evolv Electra's for all my climbing, indoor, sport, trad, long mountaineering routes, and I really like them and they are very comfy and good value.

I'm not climbing very hard- trying 6c/ 7a at the indoor wall, and not lead harder than 6b+ outside, but I'm hoping to get on some harder routes this year.

How much difference do more technical shoes make? Will it be like the difference I found winter climbing when I upgraded my B1s for B3s and everything felt a grade easier, or is it more like you won't notice the difference unless you're an elite climber?
... not showing 58 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums