UKC

Dear Russian/Chinese/Nigerian Hacker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Exile Ward 12 Feb 2014
If you are going to send me scam emails, will you please do me the courtesy of at least getting a few details correct.

E.g. I find it improbable that HMRG think that 2014 is a leap year, so why tell me that I need to 'apply for my rebate by 29-2-2014'?

After all these years, I can't help thinking that Amazon know how to spell 'we'll' as in 'we ll let you know'.

And I suspect that FedEx know how to spell 'complete' and to go steady with exclamation marks as in 'You have 24 hours to compleate the verification! Otherwise the package will be returned to sender!'

If you would like advice as to how to make your emails more convincing by applying basic rules of grammar and spelling, please send me $100,000 (US) so I can get to work on your behalf.

Ian Parsons 12 Feb 2014
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

Heywood Model Railway Group?
 MG 12 Feb 2014

please send me $100,000 (US) so I can get to work on your behalf.

Talk about hypocrisy. As you should know, unless you spell numbers out it doesn't look legal enough and won't convince anyone. You mean "...$100,000 (One hundred thousand dollars)..."
 Bob 12 Feb 2014

Apparently I've been served an eviction order on my luxury pad in Tennessee.

I had the former Syrian Oil Minister in touch this morning, understandably wanting to get his assets out of the country.

I wonder how many emails of this kind you need to send to get a result? Is there any kind of study done of this question, does anyone know?

jcm
In reply to Ian Parsons:

> Heywood Model Railway Group?

Oh no, they're not hackers as well are they?

I assumed it was from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, but you may be right...
 Bob 12 Feb 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

I believe it's somewhere in the region of 1 in one million but sending 1 million is as easy as sending one it doesn't really matter.
 crayefish 12 Feb 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> I had the former Syrian Oil Minister in touch this morning, understandably wanting to get his assets out of the country.

I've beaten you to it I am afraid. I have already paid the $1000 transfer fee and I am eagerly awaiting my 100,000,000 Syrian Pounds
In reply to crayefish:

Bastard. You mean I was part of some kind of beauty parade and I didn't even know it? These Syrians are slippery.

jcm
 Toerag 12 Feb 2014

I had a look at the http://www.419eater.com/ site for the first time in years yesterday - the trophy room is fantastic!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...