Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Life of a shoe

theomoore - on 13 Feb 2014
How long do your climbing shoes last before they either have a hole in the toe, or are at the point when climbing any more in them would create a hole?

I'm asking because I seem to go through shoes fast. I've been climbing about a year and a half and I have had at least 6 pairs of shoes (that's around 500!) and all have gone through in the toes.

Four of those six pair have been Anasazi VCS and they have gone through on the toes and subsequently the rand after about 3 months. I recently bought a pair of Miuras, which I think are great, but the toe on them has worn down even more quickly, in about 2 months, to the point where if I climb in them any longer the rand will suffer and so I am now considering getting them re-soled.

I realise that a major factor in the life of a shoe being short is poor footwork. My footwork isn't great but it isn't terrible - I avoid scraping my feet and try to be constantly precise. However, after going through six pairs of shoes, it seems that it must be me that's weak link in the chain. So, I'd like to know:

How long do your shoes last before at least warranting a resole? More than 2-3 months?
... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums