Local Areas forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Car park fees and cafe at Stanage?

paul mitchell - on 14 Feb 2014
Seems the Peak Park planning board want to introduce fee paying for car parking at the Popular end of Stanage.

The polite but steely Mary Bagley of the Peak Park talked to a BMC meeting at the Maynard in Grindleford this week.She seemed to think climbers should help her generate income to pay for path and car park upkee

She seems determined to screw money out of climbers to help support the whole estate.Her salary is not exactly peppercorn.
She suggests a cafe adjacent to parking there.This would presumably increase traffic and necessitate more hard standing for parking space.
I thought the Peak Park Planning Board was supposed to preserve the natural environment,not spread tarmac over it and increase vehicle traffic.It would seem a good idea to place a cafe somewhere less sensitive.

Maybe the BMC could increase subscription by a few pennies and give a fee each year to Ms Bagley and her colleagues?
http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/about-us/open-government/senior-management-salaries

... not showing 80 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums