UKC

Vallee Blanche ski

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rodgit 16 Feb 2014

We are hoping to ski the Vallee Blanche (again) this week and would appreciate a report on the current conditions if anyone has been down recently. We are particularly interested in the condition of the Geant Ice fall section and the possibility of skiing down to the valley bottom.
Cheers.
Rog
 Dave Searle 16 Feb 2014
In reply to rodgit:

Hi Rog

Its been snowing out here in cham so there won't be any tracks in the VB or any reports. You will be able to ski back to town if you do do it as there is plenty of snow down to the valley. I haven't done it in the past week because the cable car has been shut due to strong winds. Might be worth waiting until the weather clears for reports then? When I last skied through the Geant Icefall there were some crevassed areas to navigate but nothing too bad. Which way did you come through?
 rob.grafton 16 Feb 2014
In reply to rodgit:

Hi Rog

We skiied mid station back to Cham then the Gros Rognan valle blanche in knee deep powder on Tuesday - check out snow report video on chamonix.net.
Wednesday we skiied a combination of the Petit/Grand Envers and the gullies behind the Requin hut.
Snow was forecast on Thursday/Friday so would suggest you check chamonix.net site for up to date info.
The James Bond track back to town is skiable although some of the switchbacks resemble the luge rather than a track.

Enjoy

Rob
OP rodgit 24 Feb 2014
In reply to rodgit:

Thanks Rob and Dave for the info. We decided to go for it last Thursday . Had an amazing day in perfect weather. Much too far for my old bones but the most amazing surroundings more than compensate for the pain and distress.!
Cheers,
Rog.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...