UKC

How much TV do you watch?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 17 Feb 2014
It seem the average person in the UK watches over 3 hours a day.

I usually watch an hour to an hour and a half to wind down at the end of the day, but sometimes I'm out or busy, so don't.

I appreciate that half of UKC claim not to own TVs, so who is watching 18 hours a day?
 teflonpete 17 Feb 2014
In reply to The New NickB:

Don't really watch it much at all now, only sports coverage. Watched some of the 2012 Olympics, 2013 6 Nations and the current winter Olympics and 6N. Won't be watching anymore for a few days as the TV packed up yesterday!

To balance that, my ex used to come in from work and switch the TV on until bedtime, whether she was watching it or not, it just had to be on. She's still the same.
 andrewmc 17 Feb 2014

None. I don't have a TV licence, nor a means (other than my laptop) of watching any.
 Tall Clare 17 Feb 2014

I didn't have TV for a long time so got out of the habit of watching it, but nowadays I probably watch two or three hours per week - normally just comedy or inane stuff in the evening, or one of the Scandinavian crime dramas.
 gethin_allen 17 Feb 2014

No tv here. I haven't even got a propper computer at the moment since both my laptop and desktop PCs gave up the fight recently. Hopefully that last bit will be sorted soon though, I just need to work out what's what with computers these days.
JMGLondon 17 Feb 2014

There's a giant television in front of me at work with News 24 on constantly (does my head in) so I suppose you could say I'm at 10 hours+ p/day. I have to watch/edit a fair bit of television for work so home tends to be 6music or sport only.

Mark Collins 17 Feb 2014

I watch lots of things on the web via my laptop, but hardly ever switch the box on these days.
 mrchewy 17 Feb 2014

Nope - no tv here either but do watch youtube from time to time. Mostly when I wanna learn stuff or ted talks or for listening to Polish people speaking as I'm trying to learn the language. Spotify streaming is done most days.
 Enty 17 Feb 2014

Quite alot at this time of year - not much to do round here in the evenings. So Emmerdale, Corrie, 6 nations, Winter olympics, River Monsters. Any footy, the WW1 doc with Paxman.

Then none at all between May and September apart from 3 weeks in July where I watch it for 4 hours every afternoon.

E
 Seocan 17 Feb 2014

no tv here either, use lovefilm to get a dvd once a week, and use t'internet for news. Always amazed me that it was possible to watch that much tv, whats wrong with speaking to the people you live with?

About an hour's worth at the end of the day to wind down. There's so little worth watching on Aus TV (outside of sports,) that we normal watch stuff we've recorded over the past few weeks.
 Run_Ross_Run 17 Feb 2014

On average about 6-8 hrs a week. Mostly on the weekend. Much prefer listening to the radio.
 Timmd 17 Feb 2014

Probably approximately 2 to 3 hours, in my own home I don't have a TV, but I visit my Dad and might watch something there for a bit, and I'll watch things on my laptop here and there.
 Dax H 18 Feb 2014
Too much. I have got in to the habit of sitting down after work and watching crap and due to being dead on my feet every night it's a hard habit to break.
 Sharp 18 Feb 2014

I think probably about 3 hours a week, but then everyone under reports so maybe it's more like 4 or 5. Like TC mostly comedy and the odd documentary.

I'm just too lazy to watch TV now. Not had a TV licence since I was 18 and I always think of things I want to watch, on iplayer, films that look good, documentaries or new drama series' that I want to see. It never happens, I can't be bothered searching for things any more and I don't think I'm missing out. I'd quite like to watch the new Game of Thrones series, but is it really worth the hassle? Probably not.

6 music all the way, music makes you happy, TV often does the opposite. The radio is more social as well, if the TV is on when you get home you feel like you're interrupting someone, if the radio's on people just talk to each other more.
 steve taylor 18 Feb 2014

2-3 hours in the evening.

I'm working abroad, so it's 30 mins of Sky News when I get, then whatever I've downloaded the night before as local TV is pants and the reception poor. I find that I watch less TV here than when at home as I watch only what I'm interested in - at home I'll channel surf to see what's interesting - that just doesn't work here.

At weekends, if I'm in, I might have some sports on in the background while I'm surfing etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...