UKC

Doctors Again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 17 Feb 2014
Following my earlier thread; I was unable to follow up and get a doctor's appointment for my painful shoulder. However, for other reasons, I decided to go to the surgery first thing this morning and seek an appointment. The receptionist said that, instead of waiting x days for an appointment, she could ask the doctor to phone me at home today. As it happens I have a couple of days off work anyway so I said fine. That was at nine this morning and I'm still waiting for a call.

What I find annoying is that if I kept my clients waiting for as long as doctors keep us waiting I would soon be out of business.
 Tall Clare 17 Feb 2014
In reply to FesteringSore:

Did you ask her if the doctor could call your mobile? My doctor will call whichever number I ask them to use - I've had chats with them whilst on the train, whilst walking the dog, whilst working at home. I think the system of them calling patients is brilliant - saves schlepping into town unnecessarily.

The garage welding up the bottom of my car, on the other hand... apparently can't tell me when, in the next two days, my car might be ready to collect.
OP FesteringSore 17 Feb 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

I've been sitting at home all day
 Tall Clare 17 Feb 2014

If you have a mobile phone, call the reception and give them that number then you can get on with your day.
 freerangecat 17 Feb 2014

I have phone appts quite a lot at the moment, and here they generally ring at the end of morning surgery (once she had a free slot earlier so used that instead), so it might be worth ringing and giving you mobile number as suggested, and checking whether they ring at a certain time eg end of afternoon surgery now. Would also make sure they don't work in the same way as my surgery and your name fell off the list somewhere...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...