UKC

Telemark rental in Ft William

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Messners Yeti 18 Feb 2014
Hi,

I'm heading up to go skiing in Nevis this weekend. I'd like to give telemarking a try as I've done a fair bit of downhill but cant seem to find anyone who rents the kit. If anyone knows of somewhere in Ft William who might rent me the gear, I think it'd be a fun thing to try.
Mountain Spirit in Aviemore stopped renting it out at the end of last season due to lack of interest and a quick Google threw up no obvious answers...

If I can't find any, I'll probably rent ski mountaineering (AT) gear. Any recommendations of Ft William hire shops?

Thanks
Pete
 AG 18 Feb 2014
In reply to Messners Yeti:
only places i know are in braemar or aviemore (this place has shops in both)
http://www.braemarmountainsports.com/index.php?main_page=rental

Might be worth contacting nevis range centre, they mention telemark lessons.
http://ski.visitscotland.com/lessons/?view=Details&id=100796¢re=Nevis%2...
Post edited at 15:32
OP Messners Yeti 18 Feb 2014
In reply to AG:

Cheers AG. I'll have a look and get in touch with them.

Pete
 TobyA 18 Feb 2014
Years ago we hired tele gear from Nevis Range. Worth checking whether they still do?
Post edited at 15:48
 qwerty 18 Feb 2014

I tried renting some in Aviemore this year and the two shops that used to rent them have stopped. So I rented some Randonee ski mountaineering kit instead (that probably doesn't help you though)
 DH3631 18 Feb 2014
In reply to Messners Yeti: The only ski hire in the area is Nevis Range itself, there used to be other options but not now as far as I know. I would give NR a phone but to be honest I doubt they have telemark, or indeed AT gear.

As folks have said, the only hire in or around Fort William is Nevis Range. Also they only have downhill kit. Good luck finding some kit!
OP Messners Yeti 19 Feb 2014
In reply to everyone:

Thanks everyone. It's a shame that I might not be able to get some AT kit. We'll keep looking and if I find somewhere, I'll post it on here. Failing that, it looks like we'll be doing some downhill!

Pete

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...