UKC

Best Brits bits

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 paul-1970 19 Feb 2014
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26226117

The above link has a host of lesser-known best/worst bits of the Brit Awards over the years, including one of my favourite memories: Prince and his coterie of bodyguards shoving all the other celebs out of his way as he made his way up to the stage to collect numerous awards in 1985.

But, of course, nothing will EVER better Mick n Sam dying slowly over circa two hours of autocue mishaps, wrong introductions and the most toe-curling attempts at fill-in ad-libs ever attempted
"Now we've got some heavy metal for you..." [Mick waits for a reaction]
"Errr, so... how heavy is that, Mick?" [Sam gasping for a spontaneous reaction]
"Errr, it's very heavy, Sam..." [stares into the camera like a goldfish]

Is my mind playing tricks on me though with my memory of Cliff Richard at one of the awards about 20 years ago. Michael Howard MP had just been been on stage to present an award, and so, of course, the audience booed him. Rock n roll, y'know. The next person up to present an award was Sir Cliff. Who, before presenting his award, proceeded to tell us off for booing a government minister and then informed us "it's about time we all grew up!".

I remember being dumbfounded at this. Sitting watching a pop music awards show - and being told off by Cliff Richard!

Did I dream this (or have a surreal nightmare), or does anyone else remember this episode? Any others from the Brit Awards that stick in the memory?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...