UKC

Lake District Winter Link-ups

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Coops_13 19 Feb 2014
Has anyone got any recommendations for big winter link-ups in the Lakes up to and including grade III which may be in condition this weekend? Looking to have a couple of big days out. Cheers, Ross
 Dave Ferguson 19 Feb 2014
In reply to Ross.Cooper:

Nothing will be in condition this weekend Ross, freezing level forecast to be above the summits in the Lakes
OP Coops_13 19 Feb 2014
In reply to Dave Ferguson:
I have been monitoring the weatherline forecast and it looks like due to a freeze on Thursday and Friday, with rising temperatures on Saturday, there may be good conditions for Saturday. Sunday, however, I'm sure will be pretty dire. However, if that is the case, I'm still interested in big link-ups that may work such as Striding Edge etc...
 Dave Ferguson 19 Feb 2014
In reply to Ross.Cooper:

Lots of winter walking opportunities up high Ross including the Helvellyn edges, although the snow will probably be a bit slushy, but as far as winter climbing up to and including grade III which is what you asked about, I'm afraid you'll be hard pushed to find anything worthwhile this weekend.
OP Coops_13 19 Feb 2014
In reply to Dave Ferguson:
Oh right ok, fair enough. Cheers anyway
 Wesley Orvis 19 Feb 2014
In reply to Ross.Cooper:

You never know mate it isn't looking too convincing at the moment but things can slightly change by the weekend, there is a chance an easy grade 1 gully might freeze up late Friday night if you head to Great End or Red Tarn face (which is when I am trying) and also Saturday.

Met office and yr.no are both saying top 150m will be freezing from Thursday night until Saturday night, so you never know unless you try, as long as you aren't that bothered about just going for a walk instead then you have nothing to lose. Sometimes you can be surprised a mate was out on Striding Edge today and said there is still plenty of snow about it's just disappearing fast.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...