UKC

Winter Olympics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blizzard 21 Feb 2014
Its a shame Ice climbing is not featured...

That aside, how much if any of it have you watched?

Yanis Nayu 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

Loads, it's been brilliant and inspirational. I'm going for a skiing lesson tomorrow - whoo hoo!
 Alyson 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

Lots! Being on maternity leave helps with this. I love skiing and snowboarding so all forms of that have been a joy to watch, especially the ones with the imaginative commentary.
 Yanis Nayu 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Alyson:

My wife just said, and I agree, that the commentators have really helped to make it special.
 Alyson 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

It's made me realise that I don't have nearly enough occasions in everyday life to use phrases like 'a stare that could pickle onions' or '30 metres of pure radness'.
 balmybaldwin 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

It was there as a demo I saw something on it earlier in the week
 David Bennett 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

Loads, so pleased the UK has done quite well, although I have the robbed feeling over the female speed skating stuff.
OP Blizzard 22 Feb 2014
In reply to David Bennett:

Havnt watched that much. Can't get excited about curling. (tonights medal cermony was painstaking to watch for a full 30 mins)

Bobsleigh, now there's excitment!
 Dax H 22 Feb 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

> Havnt watched that much. Can't get excited about curling. (tonights medal cermony was painstaking to watch for a full 30 mins)

> Bobsleigh, now there's excitment!

I quite enjoy watching curling, I honestly don't know why and I don't actively look for it but if I stumbled across it I can watch it for a hour without noticing.
Bobsleigh and all its derivatives I find very boring to watch though.
altirando 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

I suggest the distinctive feature has been the sort of second emancipation of women - out there succeeding in very physical sports that would seem extraordinary if a Victorian woman could see them. If I were a skater I don't think I would want to come up against some of the icehockey girls. I loved the response from a girl who was questioned as to suitability of her doing ski jumping "I have all my organs inside my body - men don't"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...