/ Winter Olympics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Blizzard - on 21 Feb 2014
Its a shame Ice climbing is not featured...

That aside, how much if any of it have you watched?

In reply to Blizzard:

Loads, it's been brilliant and inspirational. I'm going for a skiing lesson tomorrow - whoo hoo!
Alyson - on 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

Lots! Being on maternity leave helps with this. I love skiing and snowboarding so all forms of that have been a joy to watch, especially the ones with the imaginative commentary.
In reply to Alyson:

My wife just said, and I agree, that the commentators have really helped to make it special.
Alyson - on 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

It's made me realise that I don't have nearly enough occasions in everyday life to use phrases like 'a stare that could pickle onions' or '30 metres of pure radness'.
balmybaldwin - on 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

It was there as a demo I saw something on it earlier in the week
David Bennett - on 21 Feb 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

Loads, so pleased the UK has done quite well, although I have the robbed feeling over the female speed skating stuff.
Blizzard - on 22 Feb 2014
In reply to David Bennett:

Havnt watched that much. Can't get excited about curling. (tonights medal cermony was painstaking to watch for a full 30 mins)

Bobsleigh, now there's excitment!
Dax H - on 22 Feb 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

> Havnt watched that much. Can't get excited about curling. (tonights medal cermony was painstaking to watch for a full 30 mins)

> Bobsleigh, now there's excitment!

I quite enjoy watching curling, I honestly don't know why and I don't actively look for it but if I stumbled across it I can watch it for a hour without noticing.
Bobsleigh and all its derivatives I find very boring to watch though.
ads.ukclimbing.com
altirando - on 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

I suggest the distinctive feature has been the sort of second emancipation of women - out there succeeding in very physical sports that would seem extraordinary if a Victorian woman could see them. If I were a skater I don't think I would want to come up against some of the icehockey girls. I loved the response from a girl who was questioned as to suitability of her doing ski jumping "I have all my organs inside my body - men don't"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.