Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - How good without training ?

Ciderslider - on 22 Feb 2014

Now I'm just your average old punter who over the last year has been climbing a lot at an indoor bouldering wall near Brighton in Sussex. I started doing it as I can't get out and do as much trad as I'd like (what with family and living in Sussex).
I now really enjoy it and am lucky enough to climb with someone who is proper good.
I go between two and upto five times a week - although 2-3 sessions is usually enough.
All of the sessions I do are hard and last on average 3+ hrs.
Recently I have got to the point where I can flash most 5b/c problems (and the occasional 6a)
Generally I can get up a lot of 6a/6a+ (and sometimes slightly harder) after a bit of work.
My question is this - how much further do you think I can go without any structured training or changing diet etc. I still feel that I've a couple of grades in me just by my improving technique/ route reading/ strength - it's all still going in the right direction but not now with the massive advances that I used to get.
I'm talking Font grades (not french)
Post edited at 15:20
... not showing 42 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums