UKC

New forums icons on UKC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 22 Feb 2014
I didn't really take to the new icons when they came in but thought I'd get used to them. But I do find myself scanning down the page and not bothering to click on many posts. I'm saving myself some time, but wondering if other people are still finding them rather off-putting. Maybe I'm just getting bored with all the drivel and it isn't the icons' fault at all. ;}
 tmawer 22 Feb 2014
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Strangely, they have had the same effect on me, and I am also rather bemused as to why.
Removed User 22 Feb 2014
In reply to tmawer:

Same here, still not keen on them, and still can't really see the need for the change in the first place.

What I do miss though is the thread title changing to a lighter text once you had visited it the first time.
 felt 22 Feb 2014
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I don't miss them at all. Can't even remember them, to be honest. The ones before last I really liked, though. There seemed to be much more of a stink when they went.
 foxwood 22 Feb 2014
In reply to Removed User:

Big +1 that the thread title needs to change colour - always used to.

If you move the mouse to scroll through the thread then you have to read all the titles again when you go back to the summary page in order to find where you were :/

Mind you, not sure if it is a fault with IE11 since now happens on another forum I use that haven't changed their site. Memo to self - try another browser !
 Mountain Llama 22 Feb 2014
In reply to Rog Wilko:

It's just like a Windows up date, ie not really needed. But ignored at your peril.

It's progress, you cannot stop it, so get use to it.

IMHO, I cannot remember what the previous icons were........
abseil 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> Maybe I'm just getting bored with all the drivel...

Drivel?!?!?! I'm the second coming of Shakespeare. Or Hemingway at least. I can prove it, read this:

[Shakespeare-like]
Avast, and away, fellows! Thou needst more than that on Quietus E2!

[Hemingway-like]
Stanage. Heaven. Then I walked home through the pouring snow.
OP Rog Wilko 23 Feb 2014
In reply to tmawer:

I think it's because at a quick glance a lot of the new icons look a bit the same. The colours are dull and not sufficiently eye-catching.
 peebles boy 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Rog Wilko:

The culture bunker one always makes me think of a bible that a real fire and brimstone preacher would have on his lectern.
OP Rog Wilko 23 Feb 2014
In reply to peebles boy:

looks a bit like an i-phone to me
 Hairy Pete 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Removed User & foxwood
> (In reply to Removed Usertmawer)
> What I do miss though is the thread title changing to a lighter text once you had visited it the first time.

The titles do change. The reason you're not seeing a change is because you've chosen a forum "text" colour that inverts to more-or-less the same colour. Try changing your text colour to 0000ff to see the effect.
Removed User 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Hairy Pete:

Well I never, thank you kind sir.

Still don't like the icons, so any suggestions as to how I could sort that out?
 Offwidth 24 Feb 2014
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I remember the first attempts and UKC following feedback and improving them.
 foxwood 25 Feb 2014
In reply to foxwood:
> If you move the mouse to scroll through the thread then you have to read all the titles again when you go back to the summary page in order to find where you were :/

> Mind you, not sure if it is a fault with IE11 since now happens on another forum I use that haven't changed their site. Memo to self - try another browser !

10/10 to UKC - fixed so can see where I was when go back - just noticed tonight - well done
[Edit] ...
back to 0/10 now - realized I was using Firefox for a change and it was working - tried IE11 as normal and does not work still :/
Post edited at 23:07
 BAdhoc 26 Feb 2014
In reply to Rog Wilko:

How about a new icon for troll threads?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...