Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Quitting my job - will it make a difference?

Trevers - on 22 Feb 2014
It's taken me long enough but I've finally identified that I need to move on from my current job and move away from London, both of which are sapping me of energy and esteem. I don't know where to go exactly so I'm going to try and find a job first.

Thing is, as mentioned, working and being in London is doing me no good whatsoever and I'm finding it extremely difficult to go about a job search. Especially when I come to sections about my strengths and what I could offer a company, and can't think of anything positive to say about myself since I'm so burnt out. I feel that quitting my job now, taking some time out to get my head straight, then getting on with it would help.

But I've been told by people (including someone who works in recruitment) that this will reflect badly on me and companies will judge. Which makes it seem like a bit of a catch 22. Does UKC's collective wisdom agree that I will be shooting myself in the foot by quitting?
... not showing 42 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums