UKC

Tough Tags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jordangask 23 Feb 2014

Has anyone got ToughTags? They look pretty good but do they really stay on whilst enduring frequent use?

Anyone's experiences with them would be greatly appreciated as i'm thinking of getting some... The electrical tape on my gear doesn't last a season!

http://www.toughtags.co.uk
Post edited at 12:50
 Mountain Llama 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Jordangask: have used them for a few years. They last a couple of years but need to be put on carefully and in areas not prone to heavy wear.

I would have thought decent electrical tape would have lasted longer?

elsewhere 23 Feb 2014
Got a couple of different humbrol enamel paints. Dab a tiny bit into the crevices of the text on metalwork and dollops into the strands of wires.
 dr_shred 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Jordangask:

I've found them to be very robust, none of mine have needed replacing. I suppose it depends on how much you use your gear, but even the tag on my belay crab, which gets used 2-3 times a week, has lasted at least 2 years.
 Alan Breck 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Jordangask:

Mine don't get an awful lot of use but have lasted very well. Even got a couple of krabs returned when I didn't even know where I'd lost them. That paid for their use.
 stratandrew 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Jordangask:

Had mine for nearly four years of constant abuse incl winter and alpine and nearly all still on and legible. they have paid for themselves twice over in bits of gear that have been returned. I dropped a DMM Boa on the abseil from Savage Slit last winter and six months later it arrived back in the post!

Andy
 martinph78 23 Feb 2014
In reply to elsewhere:

I used nail polish, works well for me and a £1 bottle has done my whole rack with enough to do it again if needed.

Seems to be wearing well.
 Ann S 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Jordangask:

Excellent product. Got tags on every bit of climbing gear, hedgelaying tools, wallet, camera, car keys, outdoor jackets...........zzzzzzzz.

Mattlamb90 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Jordangask:

Worked well for 2 years for me

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...