UKC

Pembroke - Any rock fall?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 VPJB 23 Feb 2014
Anyone been climbing in Pembroke this year? Just wondering if any cliffs have crumbled with the big waves?

Owen W-G 23 Feb 2014
In reply to VPJB:

I was thinking the other day, I bet there are hundreds of little changes to uk sea cliff routes.
Wobbly jug gone here, runner placement enlarged there, Swanage top outs a bit lower, I wonder if the waves fashioned a runner above the stance on Eroica?
 John2 23 Feb 2014
In reply to VPJB:

From what I've seen -

Huge rockfall at Stackpole, but the only route affected is Not Quite Plain Sailing (and possibly Condor).

Blow Out and Blow Up at Chapel Point have gone.

The hole in the arch at Crocksydam Point is a lot bigger, but no routes have gone.
 Dave Williams 23 Feb 2014
In reply to VPJB:

Apparently some striking changes in Square Cut Bay due to a big collapse. Both Rosary and Foot and Mouth gone I think. Some collapses in the Initiaton Slabs area too apparently.

Dave
 Gerry 24 Feb 2014
In reply to Dave Williams:

Yes, the routes on the back wall of Square Bay (Pembs Vol 1 p 316) have mostly gone or are unsafe, and only the V.Diff in the corner is still recognisable. The whole back of the bay is best avoided. Not noticed any problem at Initiation Slab & will look again when the dog is up to the walk.
 Sy Finch 24 Feb 2014
In reply to Gerry:
The pinnacle at the end of Initiation slab has had a rockfall. A huge block at the base has slumped. This happened along with the rockfall at square cut bay sometime in January I guess, I was there on the 19th.
Post edited at 22:50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...