Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Advice on 5.10s for Wide Feet

Gabe Oliver - on 24 Feb 2014
Hey UKC,

I'm a dedicated Scarpa user. My feet resemble wedge shaped flippers and so the toe box on Scarpa's tend to fit my feet a lot better. While the Scarpa Boostics serve me well for indoor climbing and bouldering, I really want something a lot stiffer and more comfortable for all day trad, slabs and cracks. 5.10 are pretty much the go-to for this kind of shoe; the whole Anasazi range and the Newtons being pretty much designed for those purposes but they seem to be manufactured a lot narrower than Scarpas.

Has anyone got experience of how these 5.10 shoes change/stretch over time to suit wider feet? I've tried a few pairs of 5.10 shoes on in various sizes and they were pretty uncomfortable around the ball of my feet (but then what shoes are comfy straight out of the box really?). Really would just like to know if it's worth risking it and buying a set that might stretch and shape to my feet, or whether I should look elsewhere for a stiff trad shoe.

Thanks UKC Gear Gurus!
... not showing 17 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums