UKC

Winter trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nealwag 24 Feb 2014
My Rab VR trousers have bitten the bullet and i am off to Aviemore on Friday. Can anyone recommend a trouser? I have had my VR's for a few years so dont know whether to buy another pair or whether there are better trousers out there now.

Recommendations welcome. I will need to buy a pair before Thursday
 blackcat 24 Feb 2014
In reply to nealwag: Rab vr guide trousers 89.00 ebay.

OP nealwag 24 Feb 2014
In reply to Mr Powly:

Are these any good then?
 aldo56 24 Feb 2014
In reply to nealwag:

The Decathalon numbers are really very good, especially for the money. They're highly recommended on here!
OP nealwag 24 Feb 2014
In reply to nealwag:

Cheers. Good recommendations but I doubt I will be able to find a pair of the Decathlons by Friday
 Grey area 25 Feb 2014
In reply to nealwag:

Another vote for the VR guide.
 peebles boy 25 Feb 2014
In reply to nealwag:

Craghoppers Kiwi pro stretch. Great allround trousers at a good price, if you shop around you can generally find them on sale or discounted. You can get a lined winter version too, but having had both types I found the lined ones are only good when it is seriously cold, they're just too hot otherwise!
 GridNorth 25 Feb 2014
In reply to nealwag:

The Decathlon trousers are very good. I have some Rab VR trousers. They are excellent in every respect EXCEPT that when your leg touches ice you get wet. I prefer the Decathlon ones for ice climbing and not just because they are cheaper. They perform better for ice climbing.
In reply to nealwag:
Another thumbs up for the decathlon ones. Also there's a good chance they'd arrive in time if you ordered them today online
 steveshaking 25 Feb 2014
In reply to tallpaulselfridge:

Various people including outside are selling patagonia alpine guide in sales at the moment. They are very tough and weather proof. I guess for many the lack of fly and belt loops will be an issue, but I would happily recommend them.
OP nealwag 26 Feb 2014
In reply to nealwag:

Decathlons ordered so will persevere with ripped VR's (plus ducting tape)for this trip.

thanks for the recommendation. I had never heard of decathlons before.
OP nealwag 26 Feb 2014
In reply to nealwag:

Or should i say Simond trousers ordered!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...