UKC

Taking boulder mats on planes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ht3 24 Feb 2014
Has anyone had any trouble taking bouldering mats on Easyjet flights?(obviously not as hand luggage)
In reply to harrytonge:

Have taken a pad on flights with Jet2, Ryanair and Air France. Only one that I had problems with was coming back from CDG with AF, my pad was bigger than the 158cm combined dimensions rule and they charged me 70€. Barstewards. Of course they hadn't charged me on the way out when I could have just taken my pad back to the car and borrowed one in Font.

AF lost out though as I fly 16-20 times a year on business and now won't use AF
 iccle_bully 24 Feb 2014
In reply to harrytonge:

We've taken our pads on easyjet no problems. If they think it's sporting equipment they will want to charge you. Some people may have told them it's camping equipment when asked but I couldn't possibly comment! You'll be asked to take it to outsized baggage when you've checked in.
 Hamfunk 25 Feb 2014
In reply to harrytonge:

Easyjet should be fine, as above I've had problems at CDG twice with Air France where they have spied the pad as over-sized, luckily managed to talk them down both times.

Air France particularly in CDG are extremely awkward, going out of their way to ruin your holiday!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...