UKC

Driest crag, within 60 mile of South Wales.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mostin3 25 Feb 2014
Evening everyone,

First off, apologies for the vague title. Me and my partner are looking for a day outdoors tomorrow but we are wandering where will be dry enough. Does any body have any pointers or advice to save us a wasted day out searching,

Thanks in advance
 Mark Morris 25 Feb 2014
In reply to Mostin3: Good Luck!Some of the sea cliffs in south Wales might get dry tomorrow, Avon as well. Myself - headed to Boulders, hopefully a walk in heavy showers before the week is out.

Mark

joepremier 25 Feb 2014
In reply to Mostin3:

Wish I could help, I'm also looking for a dry crag tomorrow in the south wales area!
 pheotleyr 25 Feb 2014
In reply to Mostin3:
Wyndcliff Quarry in Wye will definitely be dry. Further south (and already mentioned above), large parts of the Avon Gorge will be dry as well (Sea Walls / Main Wall / Central Buttress / Suspension Bridge Buttress). I'll be on one of the latter.

Well, unless of course there's more rain during the day tomorrow obviously.
Post edited at 19:51
 Mark Morris 25 Feb 2014
In reply to Mostin3:

Change of plan, going walking instead, might be best day of week for outdoors. Avon might be a good bet, always dries quickly and little run off.

I suspect that there will be a few sea cliffs and others, that will need careful handling this year.

If a freeze happens, the Wye Valley may see some major changes this year.
OP Mostin3 25 Feb 2014
In reply to Mostin3:

Excellent, thanks for the replies. I may try wyndcliffe as it's pretty close to me.
OP Mostin3 25 Feb 2014
In reply to Mostin3:

Yep, plans made, gonna head to wyndcliffe. Thanks guys
 Rick Sewards 25 Feb 2014
In reply to Mostin3:

The main crag at Wynd Cliff will also be dry - at least the left hand crag and the right hand end of the right hand crag (Klute, Cardiac etc). Was there the Sunday after the Valentine's Day storms and it was fine.

Rick
OP Mostin3 25 Feb 2014
In reply to Mostin3:

Thanks rick,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...