Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Montane Extreme Gloves two winter seasons reasonable use?

sheelba - on 25 Feb 2014
At the start of last winter I bought a pair of Montane extreme gloves, luckily half-price. I got a fair amount of use out of them with a fair amount of winter walking and climbing (roughly 3 weeks of use). I also used them occasionally in the Alps in summer. I noticed at the beginning of this season that they were starting to wear away at the fingertips and sure enough after one winter walking trip (which they were barely used) and a couple of days winter climbing they now have holes in the pertex outer at the fingers.

On contacting Montane they claimed that "two winter seasons from a pair of gloves would sound reasonable for a lot of people". Is this right, should you expect gloves to last such a short space of time? Should I bother trying to take them back to the shop? They are also now not even close to be water resistant and soak water up like a sponge.
... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums