Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - I know the Scots are canny with money

Lord of Starkness - on 26 Feb 2014
But are they really prepared for some of the hidden admin costs that will arise with becoming independent, and that no-one has really flagged up.

Disentangling from UK revenue and customs - and setting up their own equivalent.

Disengaging from the DVLA central registration system and setting up a Scottish body.

Then there is the not so small matter of Defence (which also includes Fisheries and Oilfield Protection, as well as Search and Rescue - not to mention the significant number of Military bases and all of the civilian staff they also employ. Other things that we tend to take for granted, like Met Office, Civil Aviation Authority, Air Traffic Control, Broadcasting, Power and gas grids will all have to be separated. Then there is the whole issue of the NHS and Pensions.

The lawyers and computer software people will have a field day -- and we know just how 'efficient' they've been when goverment contracts have been involved.

Sign makers will also have a proverbial field day.

Do we really think that the canny Scots will be happy to see so much of 'their' money disappear down the proverbial gurgler?

No wonder that Salmon(d)-- he always comes across as a bit fishy -- and his team have been so quiet on these issues and concentrate on playing the ideological and emotional cards.

... not showing 261 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums