UKC

Only 128 days to t'TdF

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 27 Feb 2014
Where will you be watching it?

I'll probably go somewhere near Sheffield, but not fully decided yet.

www.letour.yorkshire.com
 lummox 27 Feb 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade:

From a mate's garden as the Tour thunders by. Can't wait : )
 JLS 27 Feb 2014

Probably on the telly.

I'm tempted to go to Belfast for the Giro (only 71 days)

http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/Giro-dItalia-Big-Start-2014-Belfast-...
 Hat Dude 27 Feb 2014

Somewhere near Kettlewell as our club have commandeered a member's mother's garden in Coverdale to camp in.
 yorkshireman 27 Feb 2014

I live in the Alps and we normally get them coming reasonably nearby but its a little more of a mission this year - I think I might head up and see if we can get somewhere on the final climb to Chamrousse (probably coincide it with a trip to IKEA in St Martin d'Heres!) or maybe the next day as they get near Risoul (as its a Saturday and may be less chaotic than a stage finish just outside a major city like Grenoble). I need to wait for the more detailed route maps to come out to see what looks like its worth the effort.

As for the rest of it - well I''ll be streaming TV to my iPad while hanging in the hammock in the garden, while sending the odd email to work to make it seem like I'm working
 FrankBooth 27 Feb 2014

I've booked a campsite in Ilkley (ran by Ilkey's Cycling Club) - heading up with my wife and our two younger kids. Should catch the race on both days. I've never been to Yorkshire, so I'm really looking forward to getting out for a ride and maybe even doing a spot of climbing, as well!
Removed User 27 Feb 2014
In reply to yorkshireman:

I have an appartment in Chamrousse.

Lets hope the publicity of the Tour boosts property proces a bit!
 GrahamD 27 Feb 2014

The tour is coming within a mile of our house just South of Cambridge - but its a pretty boring bit of road. What I haven't found yet is whether there are any intermediate sprints nearby in Saffron Walden.
 PeterM 27 Feb 2014

>Only 128 days to t'TdF

Excellent! (in my best Mr. Burns voice!) Isle of Lewis probably.
 LastBoyScout 27 Feb 2014

Most likely from somewhere in France, either before or after the Etape.
davebryan1970 27 Feb 2014

They are coming through my village Burley in Wharfedale. There is going to be a mini festival.
 Rubbishy 27 Feb 2014

If I haven't moved by then, then my house will be full of muppets, the lawns full of tents and two people have already got dibs on my shed.

It passes my door, twice.

Not sure where I will be watching it - at the top of a suitable hill no doubt
interdit 27 Feb 2014

Port de Balès on stage 16.
Col de Peyresourde on stage 17.
Hautecam on stage 18.

Was hoping to make it to Yorkshire for the depart, looks like it's now clashing with being in the Alpes.
 andy 27 Feb 2014

The cote de cray (or Kidstones) on day 1, probably cock hill on day 2.

victorclimber 27 Feb 2014

for anyone who hasn't waited hours for a road race to go by ,unless your on a Climb they go past in seconds and there aint no action replay....
 Hat Dude 27 Feb 2014
In reply to victorclimber:

> for anyone who hasn't waited hours for a road race to go by ,unless your on a Climb they go past in seconds and there aint no action replay....

Yeah but I'm only going along for all the priceless merchandise they throw out beforehand
 Bob 28 Feb 2014
In reply to andy:

My thoughts as well.

I see that stage 1 is still being promoted as "flat" - http://www.letour.com/le-tour/2014/us/stage-1.html
 The New NickB 28 Feb 2014

Top of Cragg Vale as that is pretty close home and should be a good spot.

Thinking somewhere around the Woodhead Reservoir just down the road. Might hit the road to watch the first day as well.

Likewise with a house of muppets!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...