UKC

Ben Nevis via Tower Ridge Trip Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 thrillseekerz 27 Feb 2014

I posted the details from our Tower Ridge climb on 14 February 2014. Pretty much had to dig Ben Nevis out from all the fresh snow!

http://thrillseekersanonymous.com/2014/02/26/a-good-day-for-the-ben/
Post edited at 14:04
 kwoods 27 Feb 2014
In reply to thrillseekerz:

Nice write up. Dropping a compass; baddd idea!
 JamieSparkes Global Crag Moderator 27 Feb 2014

An entertaining little write up

Nice reading. Well done getting off, but bet you wished you remembered your iphone compass earlier!
 JLS 27 Feb 2014

Shame about getting stuck at the top for a few hours, still at least you got a nice day for it. Could have been quite rough in bad weather.
 martinph78 27 Feb 2014

Maybe change your kit list to 1 compass and 1 spare compass!

Sounds like a mini-epic. Nice one
OP thrillseekerz 28 Feb 2014
Thanks for reading everyone. Definitely have a spare compass stashed in the pack in addition to one I will wear around my neck. Won't ever happen again There are lots of rumors about the Ben's demanding conditions and boy, the Ben did not disappoint! Glad you could all enjoy the write-up. It's always near impossible translating such an experience into writing.
 gergosantha 28 Feb 2014

Nice article! Same story a couple of weeks ago, but we just hiked up to the summit and back. I used an Android navigation app with a downloaded Ben Nevis descent GPS track - it was a frightening experience to follow that small device in the white out. Not recommended!
 marzi 28 Feb 2014

Interesting read, were going to try it next week. What was the wind forecast the day you did it?
OP thrillseekerz 01 Mar 2014
In reply to steve maher:

The wind forecast was 50mph I believe. When we left the CIC there were zero winds, but naturally that changed as the day progressed.
 marzi 01 Mar 2014

You got some balls, Id be wary of getting on the ridge in gale force winds, but you got it done, nails!!
 TobyA 01 Mar 2014
In reply to steve maher:

> You got some balls,

If I've read the blog correctly Ms thrillseekerz may have these plentifully metaphorically, but not in the literal sense!

In reply to steve maher:

it was dead calm with negligible winds until around 1300, and then as the saying goes, "the rest is history". We didn't get truly socked in until we were topping out.
In reply to TobyA:

Some days

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...