UKC

Wye Valley Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LucaC 27 Feb 2014
Has anyone been down the wye valley or the yat recently? What's the rock/mud situation like? Forecast looked like we might be getting a dry spell on Saturday, hurrah!
 CurlyStevo 27 Feb 2014
In reply to LJC:

I definately wouldn't be heading to the Yat, North Facing and cold plus very slippy muddy banks above and below the climbs.....

Avon was very nearly completely dry on all the climbs we did last saturday if thats of any use.
 The Pylon King 27 Feb 2014
In reply to LJC:

Goblin Combe in very good condition at the moment.
 whenry 27 Feb 2014
In reply to LJC: Sunny Wall at Woodcroft Quarry / Wintour's is fine, Wyndcliff Quarry is also in reasonable condition - there was a bit of seepage in the crack lines, but otherwise good.
 luke glaister 27 Feb 2014
In reply to LJC:

I went the yat last Sunday in the hope of some dry rock. Not a chance. Still a nice walk along the muddy footpaths to try out the new approach shoes was fun... id head to wynd cliff quarry for a good chance of some dry rock.
Luke.
In reply to LJC:

Well finger crossed symonds yat has slithered away into nothingness but I was at Goblin combe the other day and it's in good nick, the butress at the end with Bilbos revenge and the hobbit is abit vegetated but the other ares are good
 The Pylon King 27 Feb 2014
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

> the butress at the end with Bilbos revenge and the hobbit is abit vegetated but the other ares are good

remove the veg then it will be in good nick as well!!
OP LucaC 27 Feb 2014
In reply to The Pylon King:
Cheers guys, will keep an eye on the forecast and maybe take a trip down.
In reply to The Pylon King:

This is true! Forgot my shears. Next time!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...