Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Your final resting place

Skyfall - on 27 Feb 2014
I attended the funeral of a family member today and found myself afterwards in the graveyard of the old "family" church saying hello as it were to my grandparents and my sister and one or two others who have passed away. It was a lovely day with the sun coming through the trees and catching the snowdrops and other bulbs coming through.

Anyway, it got me thinking about whether there is something to be said for knowing where you will end up at the end of your days. I would guess that a lot of the UKC collective would rather see themselves scattered in the hills or have no particular feelings on the matter. I would probably have said the same myself only a few years ago and I confess I have no belief in an afterlife. However, I wonder if there is some comfort in a sense of belonging somewhere and knowing where you will meet eternity?
... not showing 70 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums