UKC

Ski touring boots, Scarpa maestrale , mondo 26,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 28 Feb 2014
premier post photo
Scarpa maestrale s are the go to ski touring boots for many ski tourers / ski mountaineers. Provided they fit ,they are considered to be one of the best boots on the market, they cost £440 new. In a classic case of not taking my own advice I bought these for my wife convinced they would fit her. They don't . A friend of a friend bought these in the UK in May last year, went out to Chamonix , skied half a day on them and realised they didn't fit. He went to Soul (well renown boot fitters in Cham) who advised him that he should buy different boots, so I bought the maestrale 's off him. They have been worn for half a day and not been molded.
I would prefer that you came and tried them on or were absolutely sure that they will fit you. Mondo sizing is hard to relate to UK but for reference I usually take uk 7.5 and these are just a fraction too small for me so I suppose a UK 7 would be a starting point, but only that, because my wife is UK 7 and they don't fit her. we live just outside Cockermouth if you wish to come and try them on,but I m sure that it wouldn't be hard to find some mondo 26 maestrale s to try on elsewhere.
The price of £299 includes postage so if you collect I will knock off £15.
please contact me via my user name on here.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...