UKC

Adding Pictures to a 2013 Excel Spreadsheet...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 28 Feb 2014

I thought trying on here would probably be as worthwhile as anywhere.

Is it possible to add pictures into a spread sheet in this version of Excel, does anybody know how you do it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim
In reply to Timmd:

The natural question is - Why would you want to?
 TMM 28 Feb 2014
In reply to Timmd:

When you say 'into' do you to embed a picture in a cell or to have picture in your spreadsheet. If the latter just cut and paste works fine.
OP Timmd 28 Feb 2014
In reply to TMM:
It's for a survey of a grazing boundary using a GPS, with Condition and Material and Defects amongst what's being noted, so I'm wanting a picture to be in it, for each section of boundary on the spread sheet.

What would the difference be for anybody looking at the information, between cutting and pasting a picture into the spread sheet and embedding a picture into a cell?

I'm guessing I'd like to embed a picture in a cell I suppose, so one can click on a picture, either of a defect or just to see what a section looks like.
Post edited at 11:36
 JoshOvki 28 Feb 2014
In reply to Timmd:
Click the "Insert" tab, and then press picture?

Or press Alt + N + P
Post edited at 11:37
OP Timmd 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JoshOvki:
> Click the "Insert" tab, and then press picture?

...and then click on the file name of the picture so it appears in the cell?

I'm not at where I'm doing the spread sheet yet, but at least it's looking possible which is the main thing.

Post edited at 11:42
 JoshOvki 28 Feb 2014
In reply to Timmd:

Well it will then appear on the page rather than in the cell. You can also set it as the background if you want to use the Cell still, but only the sheet background rather than the cell.
OP Timmd 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JoshOvki:
I want it to be in the cell, so it looks like a normal spread sheet, and then when you click on the cell the picture appears.

Keep in mind I'm not well versed in IT.

Thanks.
Post edited at 11:44
 JoshOvki 28 Feb 2014
In reply to Timmd:
Ah okay What you want to do it use comment boxes and insert a picture:

Instructions can be found in:
http://voices.yahoo.com/add-picture-excel-comment-box-2455434.html [On Step 3 make sure you right click the border of the comment box, and not the inside] If you want pictures on how to do it I can put some together.
Post edited at 11:48
OP Timmd 28 Feb 2014
In reply to TMM:

Embedding seems to be what I'm wanting to do.
OP Timmd 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JoshOvki:

Thanks, that's very helpful.
 TMM 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JoshOvki:

That's neat! A bit time consuming.

Not sure if the OP is looking for the image to be available all the time rather than just when you 'hover' your cursor on the cell.

I will use this trick though.
 JoshOvki 28 Feb 2014
In reply to TMM:

"I want it to be in the cell, so it looks like a normal spread sheet, and then when you click on the cell the picture appears."

Think they want it when you click/hover the cell, so makes sense. It a bit time consuming but only way I know to do it.
 LucaC 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JoshOvki:

You can always hyperlink to a picture file, so the pic doesn't display and the spreadsheet looks neat, but the option is there to click and open the pic straight from the text in the required cell.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...