UKC

Those weird little castration/tail rubber rings for extenders?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JayPee630 28 Feb 2014
Anyone use them and/or know where I could get a slack handful or so?

Cheers
 crayefish 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JayPee630:

Been loads of posts on this. O-rings from a hardware store (or online from RS and the like) are the cheapest bet if you feel you need them on your draws.
OP JayPee630 28 Feb 2014
In reply to crayefish:
Cheers. Will have a look. Anyone got a link for the best ones, or a couple of handfuls they can sell me?
Post edited at 15:22
 crayefish 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JayPee630:

Though RS probably aren't the cheapest actually. Just look for any online o-ring supplier and order the size you think you'll need. They'll stretch about 20% safely before they risk tearing.
OP JayPee630 28 Feb 2014
In reply to crayefish:

Seem to only come in massive packs and not sure what size would work best. Surely someone's got a few hanging about?
 Bob 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JayPee630:

Find a friendly farmer (there are some!) and ask for a handful of Elastrators which is the trade name. These stretch significantly more than 20%
OP JayPee630 28 Feb 2014
In reply to Bob:

It's spring soon, I might just spend a few hours chasing lambs around the fields and chewing the rings off their tails. Always looking for ways to save a penny or two.
 timjones 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JayPee630:

> Anyone use them and/or know where I could get a slack handful or so?

Let me know your address and chuck a few quid in the next Macmillan collection tin you see and I'll post you some.

OP JayPee630 28 Feb 2014
In reply to timjones:

Thanks very much, that's appreciated, and a good choice of charity. Have PM-ed you.
 timjones 28 Feb 2014
In reply to Bob:

> Find a friendly farmer (there are some!)

Hey! We're all friendly but sometimes the chip on peoples shoulders gets in the way

timjones 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JayPee630:

How many QDs do you have?
OP JayPee630 28 Feb 2014
In reply to timjones:

15 would be great, thanks.
 Martin W 28 Feb 2014
In reply to crayefish:

> Been loads of posts on this.

The previous thread on this subject http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=578325 only ended on Monday!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...