/ Those weird little castration/tail rubber rings for extenders?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JayPee630 - on 28 Feb 2014
Anyone use them and/or know where I could get a slack handful or so?

Cheers
crayefish - on 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JayPee630:

Been loads of posts on this. O-rings from a hardware store (or online from RS and the like) are the cheapest bet if you feel you need them on your draws.
In reply to crayefish:
Cheers. Will have a look. Anyone got a link for the best ones, or a couple of handfuls they can sell me?
Post edited at 15:22
crayefish - on 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JayPee630:

Though RS probably aren't the cheapest actually. Just look for any online o-ring supplier and order the size you think you'll need. They'll stretch about 20% safely before they risk tearing.
In reply to crayefish:

Seem to only come in massive packs and not sure what size would work best. Surely someone's got a few hanging about?
Bob on 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JayPee630:

Find a friendly farmer (there are some!) and ask for a handful of Elastrators which is the trade name. These stretch significantly more than 20%
In reply to Bob:

It's spring soon, I might just spend a few hours chasing lambs around the fields and chewing the rings off their tails. Always looking for ways to save a penny or two.
timjones - on 28 Feb 2014
In reply to JayPee630:

> Anyone use them and/or know where I could get a slack handful or so?

Let me know your address and chuck a few quid in the next Macmillan collection tin you see and I'll post you some.

In reply to timjones:

Thanks very much, that's appreciated, and a good choice of charity. Have PM-ed you.
In reply to Bob:

> Find a friendly farmer (there are some!)

Hey! We're all friendly but sometimes the chip on peoples shoulders gets in the way ;)

In reply to JayPee630:

How many QDs do you have?
In reply to timjones:

15 would be great, thanks.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Martin W on 28 Feb 2014
In reply to crayefish:

> Been loads of posts on this.

The previous thread on this subject http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=578325 only ended on Monday!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.