UKC

Converted house or purpose built?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Edradour 28 Feb 2014
Hi,

I realise this is a very specific question but hoping there might be some planning / legal experts in the UKC community who could help.

I am currently having a nightmare situation with my Freeholder. We have been to the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal on a number of occasions, lately to have him removed as the manager. We were successful in our application but he is now claiming that the property is a converted house, rather than a purpose built block, which means that some leasehold law doesn't apply and he is applying for the order to be overturned.

The block consists of two properties; ours and his and he built it in the first place about 12 years ago. Although the original plans he submitted for planning permission had our property down as a gym/games room annex it has never been used for that purpose. I have downloaded the 'Certificate of Lawfulness' application documents that show that it has only ever been used as a private dwelling - will this be enough to show that the block was purpose built as two dwellings?

What I think has happened is that he knew that applying for planning permission for 2 properties would fail so he built 2 anyway and then applied for change of use 5 years later to avoid the red tape.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...