UKC

Huntsham Access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chris85 28 Feb 2014
does anyone know what the deal is with Huntsham access. On here it says that climbing is not permitted, in Boulder Britain is says it is only restricted during the winter, and I have spoken to people who have been with no problems? Is it worth checking out or will I have problems when I get there?
 Choss 01 Mar 2014
In reply to chris85:

Think its Pretty much OK, just keep a low Profile.
 Choss 01 Mar 2014
In reply to chris85:

Make sure you follow the parking instructions in the guidebook, dont be tempted to park in the bus Turning Circle, or on the double yellow Lines.
 Joyce 01 Mar 2014
In reply to chris85:

Morning Campers,
I've been out to Huntsham a fair bit during the last year or so and I've never had any problems. I'm thinking of going out there today. Just keep a low profile and be aware that, even though it didn't rain yesterday, lots of the top outs will still be a bit damp, sandy and scrattly. Also the sandstone is much weaker when wet so small damp holds might disintegrate and be ruined. Still, lots to go at/work that is steeper, drier or doesn't top out. And then there's the aggressive pheasant... What more could you ask for on a chilly sunny Saturday?

Love from,
Joyce,
Xxxx
OP chris85 03 Mar 2014
In reply to Joyce:

Cool, thanks for the info, might head out there this weekend if the weather is ok and nothing else comes up!

chris
 DaveX 11 Mar 2014
In reply to chris85:

I heard at the weekend that someone's pulled THE pebble out of Alex's Roof at Huntsham. Anyone in a position to confirm or deny?
OP chris85 11 Mar 2014
In reply to DaveX:

Havent been out there yet, will let you know when i do!
 tombeasley 12 Mar 2014
In reply to DaveX:

Was at Huntsham at the weekend, was told the pebble come off and it's confirmed in the log book entry on UKC too
 DaveX 12 Mar 2014
In reply to chris85:

That's a real shame, was a classic Huntsham line. Guess that's what happens when people pull on pebbles in sandstone that's been rained on for 3 months.
 tombeasley 12 Mar 2014
In reply to DaveX:

From what I hear it can / could still be done just a bit harder. Yep the rain won't have helped.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...