/ FS: La Sportiva Trango S Evo GTX - 99 (rrp 255!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jonny Allen - on 28 Feb 2014 - user since 01/Jan/14

Price: 99

As titled: A pair of La Sportiva Trango S Evo GTX boots. In almost unused condition.

Probably the best general mountaineering boot made to date in the ultra lightweight B2 idiom. The perfect summer Alpine, and U.K. QMD boot, winter or summer.
i.e. One that's way more comfortable and suitable for long QMDs than any B3, but wont compromise on leaving you incapable of strapping on up to a semi-rigid crampon should the opportunity arise either.
In fact, out of necessity, and during their first use, I actually proved just that. I stuck an Airtech crampon (also the best all-round crampon ever!?) on them and was actually able to climb a gnarly and sustained grade 5/6 mixed corner-crack route in them, with surprisingly little bother!

So why am I selling them if I think theyre so great?:

Well, I should have quickly sold them on a long time ago, as soon as it was revealed (only by the downhill scramble on the walk-out from that very route mentioned above) that Id managed to buy them half a size too short. Ouch!
But because Id loved them so much up until then (and every time i try them on in the house since!) I think I just went into some kind of cognitive dissonance related denial! - Both about the size problem/error, and that I almost certainly wont find some use for them (recruiting a potential new climbing partner?) in the future.
So I've just been holding unto them like a demented Gollum ever since!
Plus I also just couldn't accept there would be just no solution to the fact that the nature of the used gear market meant Id be unlikely to get more than half of their retail value too. Ho hum }:-/

Ive only priced them even lower than that now for a quick sale, due to my own stupidity in waiting until I find myself in a situation were I could do with the money urgently.
Well, that plus I don't want to potentially waste more or money on a premier post!

Photos are available here:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/qba7ckm

The repetition (basically) of these impressive witterings, that youll see there, come included. For free.

Youre welcome.

Subscribing for others, and more, is not. (asking for a FB add in the link above would be required)

J.
Post edited at 23:48
August West on 01 Mar 2014
In reply to Jonny Allen:

> ...that Id managed to buy them half a size too short.

And what size would that be?
Jonny Allen - on 01 Mar 2014
In reply to August West:

> And what size would that be?

Ha! (too much late-night copy&pasting!)

They are size EU44/9.5UK

Good spot. Thanks.
Regards,
J.
JJL - on 01 Mar 2014
In reply to Jonny Allen:

Where are you based? Collection ok?
In reply to JJL:

> Where are you based? Collection ok?

oops, that would be a "No" then almost certainly, correct? (to the question i just posed in answer to your one on my other 'for sale' thread! i.e. Are you in, or local to Belfast yourself too?)

I just looked at my own profile to check, and indeed confirm, that i was also actually bein a 'hypocrite' for not at least having my location filled in on this profile here too (as well as on the photo i linked to in my OM above)

Is, or would that a deal breaker for you?
As in, you presumably not going to be able to collect them? I could be fairly easily persuaded to post them to you? call it a reward for making the effort to call first dibs! :)
JJL - on 01 Mar 2014
In reply to Jonny Allen:

Yes, deal breaker I'm afraid.

I'm sure it's paranoia, but a new profile (although I know you say you've been on before), with only 2 posts and both of those to offer very cut price goods.... some folk on here have had bad experiences, so are more cautious now.
Kevin Woods - on 01 Mar 2014
In reply to JJL:
Seems suspicious to me. Collection shouldn't be a problem and make it a public place if paranoid.
Post edited at 12:11
Cadairmanuk - on 01 Mar 2014
In reply to Jonny Allen:

Seems a nice guy if you contact him via faceache.

Ben
martinph78 on 01 Mar 2014
In reply to Cadairmanuk:

Doesn't come across that way in his profile though. Very odd!

[SOLD]

Thanks for looking (and the helpful comments).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.